Followers

Monday, November 12, 2012

Fall Colors Challenge



I have a card to share today that I made for the latest Riley and Company challenge which was to use fall colors. I love the colors of fall, all the reds, yellows and oranges are just gorgeous. I picked this image because this is something that I have been doing a lot of lately! I have a compost bin along our back fence line and a lot of things that grew in pots over the summer. At the end of the season, I mix in al the dirt from the pots into the compost bin. And to help me do this, I actually have a little red wagon that I have been pulling back and forth across my yard. The image is Riley and Company, paper is DCWV, button from my stash.


~~~~~~


I have another project that has kept me busy for the past several days. I have a very small kitchen with almost no storage or counter space. I have been using the closets in the spare bedrooms to store kitchen stuff. I have had a steel storage rack but that wasn't quite enough space either, especially since I have been canning on a regular basis. I decided to buy another shelf last week so that I now have two and they take up the entire back wall.

Here is the new shelf with all my canning stuff. I still have canned goods in my pantry but this allowed me to get them out of the spare bedroom. My canners and stock pots now have a place to live and the baskets on top hold tools (funnels, food mill, tongs, etc), lids and rings, and the last one has pectins, fruit fresh, and clear gel. 



Here is the back wall of my kitchen. The shelf on the left holds my pots and pans, bulk grains and canisters, plastic storage containers and several small appliances. It's still a little messy, so don't look too close at that one!


Setting up the second shelf and getting everything organized on there took a big chunk of my weekend, but I am extremely happy with the end result. 

Have  a great day!

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Riley always puts a smile on my face!!! Love this cute card for fall.

WOW! A lot of canning I see! Great organization of those shelves and know you're going to love this. Wonderful to have everything in one place.

Lynn

MiamiKel said...

WOW!!! What a shelf full of goodness! You have been working hard!

Love the Riley card - so festive and fun! xoxo

Karin said...

This looks delicious and totally amazing!

Scrapping Julie said...

aww great card Riley is just as sweet as ever. love the sparkly paper. and holy moly your canning set up looks amazing!!!! hope you are doing great Gina!

Scrapping Julie said...

well poo not sure my comment saved. just chatted about your sweet riley card and your awesome canning skills. hope you and Kip are doing great. miss you!